“Every chess master was once a beginner.” – Irving Chernev
To reach somewhere, start from nowhere. Chess is a game that can be mastered only with patience and undivided attention. According to sources, a chess game can last till 5,900 moves. Learning chess from a young age makes you a better thinker, smart analyzer, and problem-solver. The best way to learn chess can be by joining one of the online chess classes for kids to learn at your own pace and comfort.
Learning is not restricted to physical mode anymore, you can learn several skills online. Moreover, playing chess is a skill that can be well acquired via online classes. Online classes will give you numerous benefits such as learning at your own pace, flexible timing, 24×7 doubt assistance, and much more.
The Historical ‘Game Of Kings’
“Chess is a war over the board. The object is to crush the opponent’s mind.” – Bobby Fischer
Chess was initially known as the ‘Game of Kings’. It was invented in India in the 6th century AD. It then traveled and spread in Persia.
The first chess championship was held in 1886, three years after chess clocks were introduced. Later in the 20th century, the World Chess Federation came into existence and the game witnessed many advancements.
In the 6th century, the game was known as ‘Chaturanga’ in parts of India. It referred to the four divisions, infantry, cavalry, elephantry, and chariotry. These divisions were represented by the game pieces, namely, pawn, knight, bishop, and rook.
Benefits Of Online Chess Classes For Kids
Playing chess has countless benefits, especially those related to your mental ability. Chess helps in improving your IQ, memory, analytical skills, and more. Let’s see 5 benefits of learning chess as a child
- Improves memory – Chess is a game of memory strength. You can make mistakes, but repeating the same mistake could be dangerous. Hence, a player needs to remember every game he played as well as his mistakes.
Studies also show that children who play chess have an improved sense of visual memory. Increased memory power will also help kids excel in other spheres such as academics, sports, drama, etc. Learning chess has become easy and accessible. Kids can join an online chess course to boost their memory.
- Increases Problem-solving ability – The most important part of chess is being aware of your opponent’s every move to come up with yours. Deciding your next move is a brain exercise that helps one be better at problem-solving.Planning, execution, and forecasting are all part of both chess and problem-solving in real life. Kids will learn these skills while they play chess which will help them solve real-life problems in the future.
- Improves analytical skills – Identifying all the possible moves is the key to winning a chess game. Next comes analyzing the outcomes of each move and deciding the one that suits you. Analyzing within a time frame requires a lot of mental strength and vision. Online chess classes for kids will enhance their analytical skills and perspective.
- Enhances concentration – You think clearly when you are focused. And chess requires a lot of thinking and analyzing. Hence, it is said to gradually improve concentration in kids. Moreover, it would also assist them in other activities and improve their grades too.
- Improves Creativity – Chess plays a vital role in improving a child’s creative thinking and gives it direction. A child’s brain can generate the most creative ideas because their minds are still developing. In chess, one has to think of new solutions at times, resulting in creative thinking. A survey showed that kids playing chess score 35% higher points than kids playing other computer games.
Besides these five advantages, chess also helps in improving logical thinking, reading skills, foresight, planning, etc. Also, it engages a kid’s mind in something productive, helps them connect with others.
Online Chess Classes For Kids At Wizaru
At wizaru, your kids can learn chess from a trained Online Chess Teacher. Our classes are beginner-friendly and interactive.
Our teachers are certified and trained to bring out the best in your child. Join our online chess classes for kids today!